Labels

Thursday, May 23, 2013

My Thrift Store Karma

by Sheila

I have pretty amazing luck when it comes to shopping at thrift stores for what I want.  I have had a new "bar" on my shopping want list for awhile.  I am fairly open to what that might be; a converted dresser or buffet would have worked if I had found the right thing, but I actually found the perfect piece last week at Goodwill.  It is a true bar, the perfect size and doesn't' need any work - no painting or anything (kinda disappointing, I know).
 
The front side.
 

I think the secret to this type of shopping is to make frequent stops at your favorite stores.  The beauty of thrifting is that the stock changes constantly and you never know when the perfect item is going to show up, so it pays to make a quick trip through now and then.  I can scope out my favorite stores in less than ten minutes.  I stop in when I am on the way to do something else in the area, so it doesn't necessarily take a lot of time.  Every once in awhile I make a day of it, but mostly I just stop
 in here and there. 

 
And the back side - I want to add wheels so it will roll out easily.

I'm sure I'll have more items on my list soon, as I will be adding furnishings to our Vacation Rental Property.  I'll keep you posted on my progress and my finds.  Happy hunting...

1 comment: