Labels

Monday, January 21, 2013

Buy the Batmobile or the Fashion Accessories?

By Heather

We attended the Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction Saturday night ostensibly to look at classic cars and to watch the serious collectors bid for them. If you've ever been to this type of function, you know that there are also rows of vendor booths selling everything from jewelry to jet planes. Because I wanted to enjoy a little shopping, Tom and I split up for an hour so I could meander slowly through the maze. I stumbled upon a booth selling exquisite handmade Italian leather purses, belts, and bracelets by designer and craftsman, Roberto Mantellassi. It had been a slow day for the salesgirls and they were eager to help me find the right item. My attention was first captivated by a black eel skin bracelet with a unique silver clasp. It fit as if it was made specifically for my wrist. But then my gaze fell on a narrow mustard-colored leather and Swarovski crystal bracelet sitting in front of a beautiful belt in the same color.
I had been thinking just the other day that I needed a mustard belt with a silver buckle (I have one with a gold buckle but I don't love mixing metals) and here it was. I couldn't make up my mind between the black bracelet and the mustard items, so the girls made it easy for me -- if I bought both bracelets and the belt, they could offer them at a reduced price. In the next room over, the original Batmobile was selling for $4.2 million while I was negotiating a lower price for my modest purchases. I love it when I find something unexpected and at a good price!  I wonder if the new owner of the Batmobile feels the same way?
The Batmobile
The mustard pieces will be big players in my spring wardrobe (I'm liking navy with pops of yellow for the warmer weather) but I want to wear them now as well. Here is what I put together for today:
The mustard and brown print scarf is from Francesca's Collections; the yellow crystal ring is from the Swarovksi Store in Scottsdale; and the tortoise shell Michael Kors watch is from Nordstom. These pieces along with chocolate brown pants and boots topped with a long medium brown cardigan from Target gives me a comfortable Phoenix winter outfit. The purse is a color-blocked tan, mustard, and navy Coach shoulder bag and the sunglasses are by Kate Spade. Looking at the above picture, I think I'd like the outfit a little better if the seatbelt shoulder strap wrinkles were ironed out of the scarf!
The Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction is over now, but the Arabian Horse Show is coming up and the vendor booths will be even more fun. See you there!

Love,
Heather

21 comments:

  1. Blog hopping - finding great accessories at an auto show - amazing. Mustard is a great color and you wear it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Antoinette. Enjoyed your post today.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the mustard accents for any time of year - the belt is fabulous. thanks for sharing with Visible Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Patti,
    Thank you. I love the soft blue shirt you're showing today on your blog. It looks comfortable and you're so pretty in it!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love classic car shows and sales. What fun! You look absolutely gorgeous in that outfit. I love the combination of the brown with the gold. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Marla. I, too, love classic cars and the Barret-Jackson Auction is a great place to see a variety of the prettiest cars ever made.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous scarf! I love the way you tied it! I'm your newest follower :) I'd love for you to follow my blog too. xo

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kacie,
    Glad you're going to follow us! I will sign up on your blog as well. Love your style sense.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love the mustard and brown together
    Hadn't thought about how great those two colors work
    I will be trying out this look in the near future
    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your colors, very pretty:) Have a great weekend:)


    Carissa
    Lillies & Silk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carissa. Hope your weekend is great, too!
      Heather

      Delete
  12. Love the belt and bracelet. Do you know if they sell online?
    I am sure you will get a lot of use out of the mustard yellow colors this spring and summer. You put together a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,
      I did look at their site online but I don't remember seeing anything about retail sales to the public. I think I did see something about a new rep for the line, though. Thank you for the nice comments!
      Heather

      Delete
  13. These are such beautiful accessories Heather! I love mustard - it is such a versatile color and always look so stylish! That scarf is stunning - and I must say, I also love the color on your nails and lipstick.

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions, it was so lovely to have you! I really look forward to seeing more of your style, hope to see you again this Tuesday afternoon!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Superb! Generally I never read whole articles but the way you wrote this wedding dresses 2013, mother of bride dresses, cheap wedding dresses information is simply amazing and this kept my interest in reading and I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This fashion wave can be offered in men's costumes as well.
    In summary, onlpine dog boutiques have redefined the way of dog fashion sshopping in modern internet driven lifestyle.
    After studying the consumer behavior thoroughbly they also predict the fashion forecasting that exposes the fashion for
    the future.

    my web page ... Connect With Winston Here

    ReplyDelete