Labels

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Fresh Start

January 2, 2013

By Sheila

Gotta love the desert southwest in the winter - my garden

It's that time of year when the hustle and bustle of the holidays are over and the promise of spring is still aways away.  I always like this time of year, because it's a good time to focus on fresh starts.  I don't mean those New Year's resolutions that are mostly unrealistic to maintain, like "go to the gym 7 days a week" or "lose 400 pounds".  I mean realistic, positive new routines to incorporate into your life, or something new to look forward to.  I have read that the secret to happiness is having something meaningful to do, someone to love and something to look forward to.  That pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?

One of the things I am looking forward to this year is going to Blog World Expo in Las Vegas this coming weekend.  I still feel very naive about this whole blogging experience, and while we are enjoying it immensely, we have a lot to learn.  I am hoping to get some insights at this conference and of course plan on having a great time with my girlfriends in the city that never sleeps.  Be sure to check out Heather's post this coming Friday where she will entertain you with her plan for packing for this trip.  Let's just say that she will have significantly more luggage than either me or Ann.  We'll take some photos and entertain you soon with our social media faux pas!


Sheila, Heather & Ann the last time we were in Las Vegas together at the Bellagio

This brings up another creative area I would like to improve; get better at taking photos.  I don't pretend to have the photo op's that Heather does, nor the foodie expertise of Ann, but I will enjoy having personal photos of friends and family and might be able to entertain my blog readers with some photos of my travels and projects.  We have also recently bought a sailboat (with partners) and I want to learn to sail.  This will be something fun that I can do with my husband, friends and my family.  Definitely lots to learn and something fun to look forward to!


Ahoy Mateys!  Comin' Ashore....
What fresh starts are you looking forward to this year?  Do you have a plan yet, or just starting to mull it around?

No comments:

Post a Comment