Labels

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Last Minute

December 19, 2012

By Sheila

You know what they say, "If you want something done, give it to a busy person" and really, would anything get done if it weren't for the last minute?  Although I still have a few things to cross off my list for the holidays, the majority of the planning, decorating, shopping, baking, wrapping, and all-around Christmas preparation is done.  Why again is it that Santa gets all the credit?  We know who really pulls it all together!  I said to Heather and Ann this week that I was tired, I had brain-drain, and I had no concern for conserving anything except my own sanity.  Let's just say I had a liitle Scrooge meltdown.  Is it just me? Oh yeah, my husband might be starting his shopping in a few days - a little early this year, don't ya think?


The women in my family who make it happen...

As you head down the last stretch, do yourself a favor and take a little time out.  You deserve it.  Stop and get your favorite coffee drink and then sit down and enjoy it!  I am as guilty as anyone of being so busy that I let my list run my life.  That is even more true this time of year than ever.  But I have to remind myself that I am in control of the list, and life is short, and the years get shorter every year, so take a break already. As a matter of fact, if you are taking time to even read this post today, I am impressed.  Good job.  Okay, now your break is over; you better get back to that list....


The next generation of elves...

Merry Christmas to All and God Bless Us Everyone!





2 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures! You have a lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping me with my "elf-ing," Sheila. Santa ain't got nothin' on you!

    ReplyDelete